Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pictures of our last week or so.

We have not done anything exciting, but we always seem to be busy! Ramzie and Meina have been doing swimming every day for the past two weeks. The lessons are scheduled at 12:45pm so right in the middle of the day. I wasn't thinking that all the way through when I signed them up. It really makes it hard to do anything in the afternoon because we have to go straight home for nap time. Meina must have a 3 hour nap and Ramzie is still taking about an hour or so. I am trying to get her out of it because she starts school in August, but she will even ask for a nap if she is tired. She isn't getting to bed at her usual 8-8:30 either, so I think that doesn't help matters.

Ramzie has had quite a few play dates which are good for her and it gives Meina and I some special alone time. It seems that most of the pictures below are of Meina and I took them while Ramz was either at the neighbors or out on her trampoline (another favorite activity). Meina is getting quite the personality. She LOVES music and starts dancing and laughing every time she hears Taylor Swift. This happens to be quite a bit because Ramzie has the CD and plays it ALL THE TIME.

Speaking of pictures, last Thursday we had family pictures and pictures of the girls taken. I cannot wait to see how they turn out. I am hoping there is one or two that can be put on a canvas to cover some of the bare areas on our walls. We have been in this house almost five years and I still have some VERY bare walls in places.

Mike has been out of town on an assignment so it has been just the girls this week. As always happens when he leaves town, we had a few minor issues...
First and (kinda) minor, my washer is blinking an error code during the final spin cycle. I was sure we had not had the washer more than 3 years and "thought" I had bought the extended service plan. Turns out we bought it 4 years ago on July 30th AND I did buy the extra plan...... a four year plan. Yes, we lucked out and it had issues just days BEFORE it ran out. The not so lucky part was they did not have anyone to come out to repair it until Friday (tomorrow). I really hope it is a simple fix and they can do it while they are here. Otherwise, I will not be able to find my children in the piles of laundry that are forming downstairs!
The second thing that happened this week was I got rear-ended sitting at a stoplight. My car is only 5 months old! There does not appear to be much damage, small crack in the bumper, but it sure made me think twice about going with a smaller type vehicle.
So that about sums up our lives. Things are good.....


























Sister gave me a makeover!

I gave myself a makeover and Mommy took the make-up away!

Best,
Joanie

No comments:

Post a Comment